Bleeding Hemroids?

Everything you wanted to know about hemorrhoids but you were embarrassed to ask your doctor!

Bleeding Hemroids?

Postby tinna70 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:16 pm

There has been small amounts of blood in my stool for the last 3 months or so. I was wondering if this is because of hemroids? I have no other problems except a hard stool and constipation every now and then. I was wondering if this are because of hemroids and what i can do to correct it?

Thanks!
tinna70

Re: Bleeding Hemroids?

Postby anonym » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi There,

I have the same problem, last couple of months blood in my stools. This has been a recurring problem, maybe once or twice a year for last two years. I've been to the doctor a few times as I was concerned about it. She confirmed that I had hemorrhoids. She said she would be more concerned if
1. there was a history of bowel cancer in my family
2. if I found blood in my underpants, i.e. not as a result of passing stools
3.if the stools were a more dark red instead of bright red (indicating that the problem was further up the colon)

Saying that she is willing to send me in to hospital for a better look if it was worrying me,
With her, the bottom line is that blood on its own is not a concern as in the vast majority of cases its down to hemorrhoids, but if the worry is getting in under your skin then the best thing is to have it looked at in order to rule out anything sinister, so as to have peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
anonym

Postby Blaze Elwood » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 am

Hi....

Bleeding internal hemroids occur, because at least one of the internal hemroids is scratched, either through wiping or the passing of a hard stool - with blood sometimes showing up on the toilet paper or in the poo or stool.

Sometimes the blood loss from bleeeding internal hemroids is so great, that the sufferer may beome anaemic - iron deficient.

For some, the bleeding internal hemroids are so severe that the toilet is covered in blood after each sitting - one of my relatives had hemroids like that. He had contracted malaria when defending his country back in the second world war. The malaria damaged his liver, which meant he couldn't have a hemorrhoidectomy to fix up his bleeding internal hemroids.....
Blaze Elwood

Postby Blaze Elwood » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:31 am

Hi...

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I have bleeding hemroids. I've been using Preparation H, for two days. It was not bleeding at first. It just started today. I called the docs office and the midwife left for the day. So any advice?? Thanks....
Blaze Elwood

Postby Emane » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:39 pm

If you do not feel any pain, then it is very unlikely for you to have hemorrhoids.
Emane

My big question Number7

Postby OldRedKarlsson » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:25 am

It actually the good offer.
OldRedKarlsson

Postby kotg » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:40 am

I think you should consult a doctor first.
kotg

Am i really here?

Postby Viarbumma » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:44 am

wow, i'm here finally. I'm from Monrovia, Liberia. Nice to meet u all here. I'm interested in jewelry trade , fashion, and different culture. Looking forward to share ideas...
Viarbumma

Postby Kathy Romehs » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Yikes, I have had the same thing happen and it can be frightening. I have been dealing with hemorrhoids since by baby making days, pregnancy and the constipation that went along with being pregnant plus the additional pressure of the baby blessed me with this nasty problem. You should probably get it checked out because it could be the sign of something worse. If it is indeed those lovely little hemorrhoids you will probably find yourself dealing with them over and over... I did a whole lot of looking around and kept running into the same product being promoted by a lot of people. I did try it and it did work for me and so now I am one of those people promoting it! Hope it helps.
Kathy Romehs

Next

Return to Ask Question, Give Advice