Swelling

Everything you wanted to know about hemorrhoids but you were embarrassed to ask your doctor!

Swelling

Postby Maria921 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi....Getting older is so much fun! :D I turned 45 last week and for the first time in my life I got a hemorrhoid. I was on a strong anti-biotic for a sinus and ear infection and it wreaked havoc on my stomach.....anyway, it showed it's ugly head (external) Sunday night and Monday was a horrible day....very painful and burning. However compared to Monday (now Wednesday night) I feel 100% better. But, the hemorrhoid is still hanging out. Basically no pain anymore and I even had a BM with no pain. I was wondering if the swelling takes longer to go away? Any input would be great! Thanks!!!
Maria921

Re: Swelling

Postby jana » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Maria,
welcome to the club :-)
I am glad you feel better. In my experience, swelling may take a few days up to a week.
But now when you had a hemorrhoid, that mean it may (and probably will) come back in the future.
If I can give any advice, you should take some action to prevent it otherwise It's going to get worse.
One most basic advice it to stop using harsh toilet paper and start using baby wipes instead.
Also drinking and eating more fiber to prevent constipation.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
Good luck!
Jana
jana

Return to Ask Question, Give Advice