Sitz bag helped me cleared of my hemorrohoid problem

Everything you wanted to know about hemorrhoids but you were embarrassed to ask your doctor!

Sitz bag helped me cleared of my hemorrohoid problem

Postby jchua2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:04 pm

I am a 68 year old female. I have been suffering from severe hemorrhoid problem for over 30 years. I had rubber band procedure done which helped for just a short while. I was bleeding so much, resulting in severe anemia, my doctor thought I had colon cancer. I finally had surgery done about 5 years ago, the doctor removed two columns of hemorrhoid but left one alone because she did not want to remove too much muscle tissue. That was a painful procedure, but the daily cycle of straining and swelling still gave me a lot of stress. If I don't have a complete BM everyday, the residue becomes harder and harder to eliminate. I watched my diet carefully, ate a lot of leafy vegetable and avoid spice and meat product, but my problem still persist. About 3 years ago, I discovered a colon cleansing method using the Sitz bag with tubing (part of Sitz bath setup) which was originally designed to relief swelling pain. I filled the bag with warm tap water, hang the bag on a towel bar behind the toilet. I sat on the toilet, insert the tubing about 1 to 2 inch deep, then open the clamp. Water will flow in slowly by gravity. When I have the urge to go, I pulled the tubing out. I repeat this process until I feel I am completely clean inside. No more straining and swelling. I have been using this procedure everyday since. Normally I will BM naturally, but I still insert the tubing to flush out any residue so I'll have less problem the next day. I no longer dread going to bathroom, as a matter of fact this daily routine became such a pleasurable experience. My hemorrhoid is completely gone, I can eat anything I want without worrying about the consequence. I threw away all the laxatives I was taking before. When I go on a trip, I pack the bag with a long string and a S hook so I can use it in hotel or even in public bathrooms.
jchua2

Return to Ask Question, Give Advice